About the Event
Travel through five countries all across Europe and study the architecture, military history, church history, and literature of Western Civilization — from the comfort of your home!
To be a well-educated Christian, you need to know the history of the Church. You need to have a keen sense of the players, the battles, the literature, and the reforms that helped to build Christendom and Western Civilization. But how do you synthesize all that information in a way that makes sense of the men and the movements, the battles and the books, the saints and their stories at the forefront of God’s providential plan for history?
The best way is to travel to the great locations with experts on the subject who will bring a distinctively Christian perspective as they guide you through the most important lessons of history. But what if you could do all of that — and yet never leave your living room?
Presenting the History of Christianity & Western Civilization Virtual Tour & Online Study Course!
Join Us in Rome, Pompeii, Geneva, Paris, London, Scrooby, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Bannockburn, and More!
An exciting adventure for high-schoolers, a discipleship tool for church leaders, and an unforgettable journey to be shared by entire families, the History of Christianity & Western Civilization Virtual Tour & Online Study Course is a power-packed, learn-from-home resource for those who believe that history really matters.
Purchase a family pass to this online adventure, and join our team of experts as together you study art, architecture, theology, church history, military battles and the cultures that shaped Western Civilization. You will trek through the annals of God’s providential history as you enjoy the following special features of this tour:
- More than 50 Video Lectures and Messages from the Field: Watch messages and mini-tours from the locations that built Western Civilization, covering subjects ranging from military history to theology to architecture. More than 9 hours in all!
- More than 50 Audio Lectures from the Field: Expand your understanding of the subjects covered in our in-the-field videos by listening to the complete lectures and messages from the tour. More than 24 hours in all!
- More than 1,000 Photos from Our Tour Across Europe: Enjoy our beautiful photographs of famous European landmarks and locations as you peruse the official tour image galleries. More than 1,000 photos in all!
- Supplemental Study Material Recommendations: Throughout the tour, our team of historians makes recommendations on how you and your family can expand your knowledge and learning experience with additional recommended resources.
- Optional Final Exam and Course Completion Certificate: For anyone who wants to use the History of Christianity & Western Civilization Virtual Tour & Online Study Course as a unit study, simply download the “Final Exam” questions posted on the site and then complete them yourself or assign them to your students (answers not included). A course completion certificate may also be downloaded from the site (free of charge to any family who has purchased a tour pass) to be given to all deserving parties!
Doug Phillips, William Potter, and Dr. Joseph Morecraft III — our featured historians and commentators — will lead you across Europe as you:
- Behold the grandeur that was Rome and tunnel through the Catacombs where early Christianity flourished underground
- See the excess of the spectacular Palace of Versailles, and then take a sunset boat cruise down the Seine
- Charge the fields of Stirling and Bannockburn where Wallace and Bruce fought for freedom
- Visit Calvin’s Geneva, the epicenter of world-changing reformation in the sixteenth century
- Walk the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, where the sturdy Scot John Knox once thundered against tyranny
- Explore the wonders of the British Museum where the greatest collection of artifacts from antiquity reside
- Take an exhilarating train ride through the Swiss Alps, while learning the story of the long-oppressed, courageous Waldenses
- Circle the castle walls of York, the great Medieval fortress where Emperor Constantine was crowned
- Tour the ruins of Pompeii where God’s judgment rained down
Purchase Your Family Pass and Join the Adventure!
Visit VisionForum.com to purchase your family pass to the History of Christianity & Western Civilization Virtual Tour & Online Study Course. After your purchase, you will be e-mailed your password to access the entire tour website (www.europeanonlinetour.org), including the videos, audio messages, image galleries, final exam questions, and course completion certificate. Then simply login and join the adventure!
The message of the History of Christianity & Western Civilization Virtual Tour & Online Study Course is simple: God has orchestrated and providentially directed the last two thousand years of earth history to demonstrate His glory, to hearten his Bride, to prepare future leaders of Christian warriors, and to demonstrate that the very gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church. We sincerely hope that the timeless lessons from history which you will be exploring on this fourteen-day trek will encourage and inspire your family as you follow our great journey through Europe’s past from the comfort of your home.